Difficulty sourcing obsolete lighting & components?
Kevin Stubbs (FSLL) - Technical Sales Manager at Llumarlite, highlights an area that our customers regularly face –
“The longer you leave your old lights up, the costlier they will become to run, and the harder you will find it to source parts”
Would you like to update your lighting, use the latest LEDs, perhaps hindered by old equipment?
It’s most likely you are paying for too much energy – it doesn’t make sense to keep old lighting running. High loads of lighting also mean high loads on your Air-Con plant, a double whammy of energy costs!
Outdated equipment fails at statistically predictable rates, sometimes known as the “Bathtub Curve”
- Failures will only increase as your old lighting (e.g. fluorescent) approaches end of life.
- Other components will soon pack up if you find some failing now.
- To keep them running you are spending time and money on expensive parts and maintenance, whilst paying for more energy than you need.
How did this happen? - Sadly, you have discovered that your lighting is obsolete?
- Your company can’t make plans as Brexit may influence future business locations?
- The building owner, Tenant, or user may not wish to invest, as they have other short term problems rather than a long term holistic strategy?
- Maintenance companies don’t pay the energy bill (so don’t notice the costs)?
- Past FM teams may not have made a case to invest in lighting upgrades?
- FM Companies can’t make capital purchases, it’s easy to keep claiming for parts and labour?
Such problems will grow and will be costing someone dearly should they consider all of their operating costs.
Grasp the nettle, and don’t worry if you do not have a standard type, specification or size of luminaire.
- Don’t worry – together we can solve this - Our team at Llumarlite can help you identify building, wiring, and controls constraints and resolve this with a cost-effective up to date luminaire solution.
Replacing your lighting with up to date technology is what we specialise in.
We will design or source suitable luminaires and upgrade your lighting utilising quality British made luminaires and EU products, meeting the latest guidelines & standards as we go.
This will enable you to get on with saving money whilst creating a better place for staff and clients using your building For more information see our upcycling-vs-recycling insight and our Does Your Lighting Still Work for You?